Project 6 - InstaPix
InstaPix is a photo sharing app using Parse as its backend.
Time spent: 8 hours spent in total
The following required functionality is completed:
- User can sign up to create a new account using Parse authentication
- User can log in and log out of his or her account
- The current signed in user is persisted across app restarts
- User can take a photo, add a caption, and post it to "Instagram"
- User can view the last 20 posts submitted to "Instagram"
The following optional features are implemented:
- Show the username and creation time for each post
- After the user submits a new post, show a progress HUD while the post is being uploaded to Parse.
- User Profiles:
- Allow the logged in user to add a profile photo
- Display the profile photo with each post
- Tapping on a post's username or profile photo goes to that user's profile page
The following additional features are implemented:
- Refresh for new posts
Please list two areas of the assignment you'd like to discuss further with your peers during the next class (examples include better ways to implement something, how to extend your app in certain ways, etc):
- Getting data from the Parse "Instagram" database
- How to test "take a picture" functionality without simulator?
Here's a walkthrough of implemented user stories:
GIF created with LiceCap.
Describe any challenges encountered while building the app.
Copyright  [Jiaqi Wu] Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.