CSS Sprite Generator
This is the public version of the Project Fondue CSS sprite generator found at http://spritegen.website-performance.org
- Mod Rewrite (optional)
- PHP 5.2 or above (with Imagick or GD 2)
- Image Magick binary (optional)
- Command line ZIP binary
- OptiPNG (optional)
If Image Magick isn't present the tool falls back to GD 2 (bear in mind output quality won't be as good).
- Copy "spritegen" directory to your server.
- Set up new Apache virtual host and configure document root to point to "htdocs" (preferably other files should not be accessible via the web server).
- Optionally add mod rewrite rules to Apache virtual host config (see "setup/spritegen.conf" for an example Apache virtual host config).
- Update values in "includes/conf/app.inc.php" to suit your environment. Once configured set $aConfig['setup'] = true;
- Ensure Apache can write to the cache folders you've specified in "includes/conf/app.inc.php".
- Load in browser and enjoy it!
We welcome additional translations for the tool. Please see http://spritegen.website-performance.org/section/your-language for more details.
For license information please see LICENSE.TXT.
Use of the tool is free although commercial users are encouraged to make a small donation to support continued development.