Durer Edition 2018.01.26
- Fixed 'Display' output. If disabled it will be possible to output signal to a hardware only. No UI will be displaied in this case.
- Added 'PWM' output. It will allow to use LEDs and gas tubes as a hardware VU Meters.
El Greco Edition 2018.11.12
- Added new native resolution 800x480px
Goya Edition 2018.10.14
- Modified named pipe data source to leverage peppyalsa ALSA plugin instead of file ALSA plugin
Vermeer Edition 2018.05.28
- Added new native resolution 320x240px
- Redesigned volume data extraction from named pipe
- Handling of data input from different audio players through ALSA file plugin
- Implemented support for output to Serial Interafce and I2C interface
Michelangelo Edition 2016.09.05
PeppyMeter is a software VU Meter written in Python. It was originally developped as the new 'VU Meter' screensaver for Peppy Player. With minor modifications it became a stand-alone application. PeppyMeter gets audio data from media players (e.g. mpd) via fifo and displays current volume level in a Graphical User Interface in a form of traditional VU Meter.