PeppyMeter is a software VU Meter written in Python. It was originally developed as the new 'VU Meter' screensaver for Peppy Player. With minor modifications it became a stand-alone application. PeppyMeter gets volume data from media players (e.g. vlc) via named pipe and displays the volume level in a Graphical User Interface in a form of traditional VU Meter.
Here are the key features of the program:
- Written in Python.
- Pygame library leveraged for UI purposes.
- UI is available in three resolutions 800x480, 480x320 and 320x240 pixels.
- The input for the program is the data from the named pipe. That signal should be provided by peppyalsa plugin.
- Supplies 9 default meters out of the box.
- Allows to add your own meters.
- Open-source. All source files are available on Github.
- Several data sources are available for testing and tuning.
- Provides four types of output: Display, Serial, I2C and PWM.