ProjectSend is a free, clients-oriented, private file sharing web application.
Clients are created and assigned a username and a password. Uploaded files can be assigned to specific clients or clients groups.
Other features include auto-expiration of upload, notifications, full logging of actions by users and clients, option to allow clients to also upload files, themes, multiple languages...
Feel free to participate!
It is recommended that you download an official release (either from the releases tab here or from the official website). Downloading a development version directly from the repository might give you unexpected results, such as visible errors, functions that are still not finished, etc.
How to install on your server:
- Download and unzip the lastest version of ProjectSend to a folder of your choice.
- Create a new database on your server. Create/assign a user to it.
When those are steps are completed, follow this instructions:
- Rename config/config.sample.php to config.php and set your database info there.
- Upload ProjectSend to your selected destination.
- Open your browser and go to https://your-projectsend-folder/install
- Complete the information there and wait for the correct installation message.
Congratulations! ProjectSend is now installed and ready for action! You may login with your new username and password.
Important Note: for version r608 and later you will need to enable PDO extension from php.ini
and restart the service if your are local.
How to upgrade to a newer version:
- Download your version of choice from the official project page.
- Upload the files via FTP to your server and replace the ones of the older version.
That's it! Your personal configuration file (config.php) is never included on the downloadable versions, so it will not be replaced while upgrading. When a system user logs in to the system version, a check for database missing data will be made, and if anything is found, it will be updated automatically and a message will appear under the menu one time only. Whenever a new version is available, you will be notified in the admin panel via a message shown under the main menu.
####Notice: ProjectSend is currently under refactoring
If you want to help with development, you will need to do a few things via Grunt:
- Download the composer, bower and npm dependencies. You can use the
Grunt dependencies_updatecommand which should take care of that.
- Run the default grunt task simply with
Gruntto compile the main CSS and JS assets files.
Questions, ideas? Want to join the project?
Thanks. Arigatō. Danke. Gracias. Grazie. Mahadsanid. Salamat po. Merci. אַ דאַנק.
If you want to translate ProjectSend in your language or download an existing translation, please join the project on Transifex
ProjectSend is licensed under GNU GPL v3
Also, thank you to the following people/communities that helped during development, either by giving support, sending code, translations, etc.
- Alejandro D'Ambrosio
- Diego Carreira Vidal
- Scott Wright
- Everyone that commented and gave suggestions on the issues and Facebook pages!
ProjectSend original translators:
- Raúl Elenes (Spanish)
- Vašík Greif (Czech)
- Mathieu Noe (French)
- Levin Germann (German)
I know that there are more people that deserve to be on this list. I will keep adding them as I find their names/websites.