Join GitHub today
5.0.0 (WIP) #145
While you have always been able to provide your own link entirely, there are a number of cases where we want to have a visually completely different link to the DefaultLink, but one that performs in the same way without having to re-engineer it completely. It makes more sense to make the DefaultWidget more dynamic and pluggable which should cater for 90% of extensible use cases. For the other 10%, you can just provide a new link like you normally would have before this PR.
Labels are also really cool, but I think we should treat labels like other widgets since they are visual, and this we need supporting models and factories to really get more power out of them, so it made sense to refactor them out.
Flow support makes it easier to create diagrams that act as system designers in that you don't need to worry about no-ops such as dangling links and tricky link ux that just slows down graph creation
To further aid flow support, smart routing automatically handles path generation and routing so that the links avoid all other entities on the graph.
^ These are some of the coolest PR's I've seen yet
Feel-Good "programming lol" image:
Nice, that's a great re-factoring effort, dude!
Yeah, I can see a couple, maybe 10, maybe 100 merge conflicts haha, but don't worry, I still need to handle multiple points and then simplify the code before it becomes PR ready, so I'll tackle them later on.
Thanks for the heads up!