Beefcake Release Notes
0.1.0 - 2014-09-05
Release 1.0.0 includes changes and improvements.
- Version numbering now properly semantic.
- Ruby 1.8 is no longer supported.
- Field number re-use raises a
- Checking to see if a type is encodable is much faster.
- Fields named
fieldsare now supported.
- String read and decoding are benchmarked during testing.
stringfields now decode with a
0.5.0 - 2013-12-20
Release 0.5.0 corrects a few behaviors.
- Drastically revised README, written by Tobias "grobie" Schmidt
- Output fewer newlines in generated files, fixed by Tobias "grobie" Schmidt
- Don't crash when attempting to reencode frozen strings, found thanks to Kyle "Aphyr" Kingsbury
nilinstead of raising a generic Ruby error when trying to decode a zero-length buffer, fixed by Tobias "grobie" Schmidt
0.4.0 - 2013-10-10
Release 0.4.0 is the first with new maintainers.
- Modernize tests
- Add Travis CI monitoring
- Support varint-encoded length-delimited buffers
- Support generation with recursive definitions
- Support Ruby 2.0
- Support encoded buffers
- Support false but non-nil values
- Support top-level enums, added by Kim Altintop: https://github.com/protobuf-ruby/beefcake/pull/23