This is libcarbon, a C library for creating, modifying and querying
Columnar Binary JSON (CARBON) files.
The latest release can always be found in
master branch in the
official GitHub repository.
This library shipped with a tool to work on CARBON files, see ark-carbon.
This project is licensed under the terms of the MIT license, see LICENSE.md. If libcarbon is used in an academic context, or if it is part of research in general, see additional agreements for researchers.
libcarbon is a not-for-profit, community-driven open source project. It is legally represented by Marcus Pinnecke. The project lives of the energetic efforts of its contributors and by the donations from the community.
Donations help to drive the development forward and to support maintenance. In detail, dontations are used to
- Hiring developers such that they can work on progressing the project faster
- Hiring testers and students to discover defects and optimization potential
- Purchasing hardware and software, pay for hostings and services
- Cover travel and publication costs for important events
- Design, and produce merchandising for events (cups, T-Shirts,...)