Eth merkle trees
As part of the R&D for Eth 2.0 various ideas for merkle trees are documented/linked in this repo.
- Current SSZ Spec - describes the mechanics of SSZ merkleization
- SSZ Multiproofs Spec - describes generalized indices and multiproofs
- New SSZ Spec - WIP, includes more motivation and detail around the merkleization/proof side of SSZ
- Summary of SSZ Multiproof concepts / backings - see "RE multi-proof structure:"
- SSZ Sparse Merkle Tree (SMT) - discussion about adding SMTs to SSZ
- EE Multiproof Concerns - great writeup on the expected EE toolchain
- Discussion on Requesting Multiproofs
- Discussion on SSZ Partials / Classic Proof Backing
- Turboproof Proof Backing
- Tree-offset Proof Backing
- Typing and Partials
- Compact binary sparse merkle trees
Thanks to Chainsafe for collecting many of these links, part of the light client task-force merkleization call