Latexit and macos
Clone this wiki locally
Many people seem to be having trouble running LatexIt! properly with their Macs.
- Quit Thunderbird
- Open a Terminal, type
- In Tools > Add-ons > Latex It! > Preferences, open the autodetection dialog again and check that everything is green
The reason is, although your $PATH environment variable is set properly when opening a Terminal, it is not when running Thunderbird from the dock.
Permanent fix (at least for OSX 10.11)
- In Tools > Add-ons > Latex It! > Preferences > Files and Paths
- Set `path to latex executable' to be: /Library/TeX/texbin/latex
- Set `path to dvips executable' to be: /Library/TeX/texbin/dvips
- Set `path to convert executable' to be: /usr/local/bin/convert