This extension improves the threaded summary for emails in Thunderbird. It vastly improves the UI by including some ideas from GMail. More specifically:
- your own messages are displayed in the thread,
- you initially see summaries, they can be expanded to display full messages,
- quoted sections are collapsed à la GMail,
- fast links for replying (and possibly other useful actions),
- you can reply inline (through a "quick reply" feature).
For screenshots and a stable version, please head to AMO which should provide you with a ready-to-install package.
If you want to leave some feedback, we have a thread on Google Groups.
If you just want to start hacking, see MDC to learn how to use a proxy file. If you want to package a release, follow these steps.
- Download the zip archive or clone the repository
- Change into the main folder, run
git submodule initand
git submodule update
- Change into the main folder and run
This will package an
.xpi file of the latest codebase which can be installed via add-on manager in Thunderbird.
Please note that the latest
thunderbird-conversations-builds are only compatible with the
Daily-version of Thunderbird. You can build this from source or get a pre-built binary at http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/latest-comm-central/.
There are tests for this addon. They are distributed as a MQ patch that you need to qimport into your comm-central tree. The file is tests/mozmill-conversations. Once you qimport'd it,
jonathan@ramona:~/Code/objdir-comm-central $ make \ MOZMILL_EXTRA=--addon=/home/jonathan/Codefirstname.lastname@example.org/conversations.xpi \ SOLO_TEST=conversations/test-attachments.js mozmill-one