- Introduction to the MINI firmware
- Fixes and improvements in 4.0.1
- Other important repositories
Introduction to the MINI firmware
This is the first public GitHub release of the firmware for the printer Original Prusa MINI. This is a brand new branch of a firmware tailored for the Buddy board MINI developed by Prusa Research. Compared to the previous firmware for MK2S/MK3S, which is based on the 8-bit architecture is this firmware 32-bit and using ARM STM32F407 chipset.
The firmware is utilizing Marlin 2.0 to handle motion planning with multiple tweaks to comply with the Prusa in-house developed technologies. The user interface, WebUI and other parts of the firmware are fully developed at Prusa Research.
The board is capable of running RTOS (Real-Time OS). Therefore there are several parallel threads:
- Marlin 2 (motion planning)
- LCD GUI (graphic interface)
- Networking (LAN and Wi-Fi communication)
Fixes and improvements in 4.0.1
Several printers from the initial batch were shipped with firmware 4.0.0. Users are advised to flash the newest firmware as it brings some fixes and improvements:
- Improved homing algorithm
- Improved dialogue for color change (M600)
- Wizard stability
- Filament sensor ON/OFF setting kept after a reset