I created this PCB for my personal project of a very big custom Li-Ion Battery which i use to charge my FPV Racing Drones Batteries on the flying field. With this PCB, you can build your own LiIon/LiPo Battery with up to 6 cells. You dont need to worry about the balancing wires, they are intregated in the PCB.
An ISDT BC-8S monitors all your cells and alerts you if there is any problem.
In adition, i also added 3 USB QC3.O USB Charging Ports, which can be seperatly turned on/off via a pin header jumper.
- connect up to 6 1S cells via XT60
- XT60 Plugs (direct or via cable)
- 3X 24W USB QC3.O USB Stepdown
- Balancer Port
- Port for ISDT BC-8S
- open copper trace on back - fill with solder tin to increase trace height
- 99mm x 80mm Board (all dimensions here)
What do you need
- 1x PCB (how to order, see below)
- 1x ISDT BC-8S
- 1x ISDT BG-8S for v1.3
- 6x XT60 Male without cable / with cable
- 2X XT60 Female without cable / with cable
- 1x 9 Pin Header Female 90° Angled
- 1x 7 Pin JST-XH 2.5mm Angled Connector
- 3x USB Module
- 3x 2 Pin RM2.54 Pin Header
- 3x Jumper
(some links above are affiliate links / Werbung)
I removed the solder mask in order to apply solder to the traces on the back. I highly recommend to add a good amount of solder to all traces on the back to increase the trace height. With this method, the Traces can withand high amp flow.
I highly suggest to charge big parallel packs with individual 1S Chargers. Charging big batteries via the Balancer Port may take a while.
If you want to use less than 6 cells, just bride the unused XT60 ports.
- complete redesign for use of ISDT BG-8S
- supports 8S
- supports ISDT BG-8S
- angled XT60 sockets
- balance port
- 3 in/out ports
- removed USB charger due to limited space
- added third pin where the jumper can be put when USB Module is powered off
- inital release
Blog post about the project
- english (soon)
Ordering the PCB from shared project
here you can order my shared project (v1.1): https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/Phils_LiIon_Battery_Board_v1_1.html
- Click on "Add to Cart"
- Set Quantity to "10"
- Solder Mask: select you favourite color
- Finished Copper: 1oz
- Silkscreen: select you favourite color
Ordering the PCB via gerber file download
you can order the latest PCB (v1.2) from china when you downloaded my gerber file from GitHub:
- Go to "PCB Instant Quote" www.pcbway.com
- Upload gerber file
- verify "PCB Specification Selection"
- Board type: Single pieces
- Different Design in Panel: 1
- Size : 99 x 80 mm
- Quantity : 10
- Layers : 2 layers
- Material : FR-4 TG130
- Thickness : 1.6 mm
- Min Track/Spacing : 6/6mil
- Min Hole Size : 0.3
- Solder Mask : red
- Silkscreen : White
- Gold fingers : No
- Surface Finish : HASL with lead
- Tick "Yes" means you accept we might change "HASL" to "ENIG" at our discretion without extra charge.Thanks!
- Via Process : Tenting vias
- Finished Copper: 1 oz Cu
- choose shipping
- add to cart
- Upload Gerber File (battery_board_v1.2.zip) by clicking "+Add Gerber File"
- click "Submit Order" and pay!
- share unused PCBs with the community! =)