Jams Music Player
Jams is a free, powerful and elegant music player for Android. Jams used to be a trial/paid app on the Play Store. Due to my lack of adequate free time and Google's new requirement for paid developers to publicly display their home address, I've decided that I can no longer provide the level of support and regular updates that paid users expect from a developer.
Rather than letting Jams completely die off, I've open sourced the app and hosted it here to encourage other developers to potentially improve it, use it in their own personal projects, and re-release it to users. I will still occasionally update this app based on my free time, but it will probably be beta quality code.
If you are a developer who's interested in using Jams' current codebase, I encourage you to fork this repository and/or directly contribute to it. If you decide to launch your own fork of Jams on the Play Store, feel free to drop me a line so I can feature it on this GitHub page.
- Unofficial Google Play Music support.
- ID3v3 tag editing.
- Custom libraries support.
- Album artist sorting/tag support
- Blacklist ability for artists, album artists, albums, songs, genres and playlists.
- 9 band equalizer with bass boost, virtualizer, and reverb.
- Individual EQ settings for each artist, album artist, album, song, genre, or playlist.
- File/folder browsing.
- Crossfade with customizable duration.
- Auto-download album art from the internet.
- 2 different base themes and 9 different color schemes.
If you're using Jams' codebase in your current project/app and would like to have it featured here, email me at email@example.com.
Legacy Changelogs (until 2/24/2014)
Check out the CHANGELOGS file.
Note: Changelogs will no longer be updated in the CHANGELOGS file. Check the individual commit comments for all further update descriptions.
Saravan Pantham - firstname.lastname@example.org
- CircularImageView - https://github.com/lopspower/CircularImageView
- DragSortListView - https://github.com/bauerca/drag-sort-listview
- LicensesDialogLibrary - https://github.com/Wicowyn/LicensesDialogLibrary
- Picasso - https://github.com/square/picasso
- QuickScroll - https://github.com/andraskindler/quickscroll
- VelocityViewPager - https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/VelocityViewPager
- ViewPagerIndicatorLibrary - https://github.com/JakeWharton/Android-ViewPagerIndicator
- Android Asynchronous HTTP Client - http://loopj.com/android-async-http/
- Android BitmapCache - https://github.com/chrisbanes/Android-BitmapCache
- ListViewAnimations - https://github.com/nhaarman/ListViewAnimations
- Apache Commons IO - http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-io/
- Apache Commons Lang - http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-lang/
- DashClock API - https://code.google.com/p/dashclock/
- Google HTTP Client - https://code.google.com/p/google-http-java-client/
- Google HTTP Client (Android) - https://code.google.com/p/google-http-java-client/wiki/Android
- JAudioTagger - http://www.jthink.net/jaudiotagger/
- Google Analytics - https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/android/resources
- NineOldAndroids - https://github.com/JakeWharton/NineOldAndroids/
- Android Support Library - http://developer.android.com/tools/support-library/index.html
All source code is licensed under Apache License 2.0. If you create your own app (free or commercial) that uses some or all of the code from this codebase, you MUST attribute it to the original author, no exceptions. You can do so by displaying an "About" or "Licenses" screen in your app that links back to this GitHub page AND includes the following notice:
Copyright 2014 - Saravan Pantham Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.