Field Test Notes
Sun 02 February 2014
Goolge Fusion Table with map of packets. https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1Qugl9V1LSAilJeHGSwbumHe_Q74WF2IV2CmHC18
One team set up a station at Rocky Butte and one team flew a Cessna 172 to near Seattle, Washington.
- RB: Rocky Butte Site
- OMNI: Omnidirectional Antenna ? dBi
- BBQ: Grill or Grid Antenna 24 dBi
- Hat: Stubbed Helical Antenna 13 dBi
- ASL: Above Sea Level
Northmost coordinates received: 46 39.5008 N 122 25.1627 W, elevation 2925.8 m ASL at -60dB
That is NW of Morton, WA, about 124.06 km from RB at ground level.
Signal strength from all packets received ranged from -70dB to -39dB with average -57.3568dB.
A total of 136435 packets were collected. Of which 126799 contained valid NMEA sentences (92.937%)
Rocky Butte Location
From cellphone GPS
- GPS: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:45.546890,-122.565918
- Writeup with more flight photos: 124km DxWifi Flight Test