Electric Feed System
Electric feed system (EFS) aims to design, build, and test an electric feed system prototype using COTS parts and in-house manufacturing for the PSAS LV4 liquid fueled bi-propellant rocket engine by June 6, 2017.
- Design and bench test a technology development platform for the electric pump fed system.
- Design and test a custom power system for EFS motor and system controls.
- Design for the existing LFE (target chamber pressure of 350 - 400 psi)
- The pump must be constructed from COTS components.
- Parallel work with Carbon Fiber Propellant Tank (CFPT) team to optimize vehicle integration.
- IPython design tool to generate pump requirements based on engine/vehicle level parameters.
- Harness the following documentation:
- EFS testing, handling, and troubleshooting procedures
- EFS Design Methodology & Design Process
- Complete bill of materials man
- Integration with existing Liquid Fuelled Engine Test Stand (LFETS)
- Completed live health monitoring and emergency shutdown provisions
- Cold fire LN2 testing
- Cold fire LOX testing
- Hot fire LOX testing
|Name||GitHub Username||Current Role|
|Johnny C. Froehlich||@JordParma||Team Lead; Design Engineer; Analysis; Testing|
|James A. Luce||@luceja||Mechanical Design Lead; Control Systems|
|Rawand Rasheed||@rawand12||Control Systems|
|Jordan Roland||@JSRoland||Add project role|
|Mimi Shang||@mimishang||Add project role|