PlayStation Console Emulators For All
The goal of this project is to experiment, research, and educate on the topic of emulation of modern devices and operating systems.
Windows 7 or later with Python 2.7 and Visual Studio 2013 installed.
Have some spare time, know advanced C++, and want to write an emulator? Contribute! There's a ton of work that needs to be done, a lot of which is wide open greenfield fun.
Everything may undergo change.
I like the idea to write one from scratch with some tricks used in pspe4all, especially the interpreter-like dynarec. It would be a low-level emulator, no HLE unlike pspe4all, but with a lot of shared code with pspe4all.
Dunno. Having both ps1e4all and pspe4all is quite a big task.
While there were two previous versions (PCSP and old PSPE4ALL with Qt 4.8), they suffered some drawbacks which made me to reconsider a new version of pspe4all without Qt. But alas without HLE and GE for the moment too as they need a major rewriting. It is also the first time I added an X86-64 dynarec to emulate Allegrex in pspe4all.
- Memory: pspe4all emulates the PSP user-mode environment, which uses 32-bit addresses. This reflects on the CPU / Memory related code, and could cause issues if you use it for other platforms, or for designing a low-level PSP emulator.
- Portability: pspe4all assumes that the host system (Windows 7 or later) runs on a little endian CPU, with 64-bit addresses.
Huh... let me breathe!
Third-party (external sources/libraries)
- Capstone: a lightweight multi-platform, multi-architecture disassembly framework (http://www.capstone-engine.org/index.html), optional DLL for Debug purpose
- DIA: a Debug Interface Access SDK (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x93ctkx8.aspx), optional DLL for Debug purpose
- GLEW: The OpenGL Extension Wrangler Library (http://glew.sourceforge.net/), static library
- LZMA: XZ Utils Library (http://tukaani.org/xz/), static library
- NvPA: NVIDIA Platform Analyzer (https://developer.nvidia.com/content/npanpaperfhud-x64), optional DLL for Debug purpose