Tile-Cutter (by Jeff LaMarche)
Tile Cutter is an open source under the non-viral MIT license.
Tile Cutter will take a large image and split it up into smaller tiles. I created this for use in a CATiledLayer-backed view for an iPad application, but it could be used for a number of other purposes.
This Fork (by Stepan Generalov)
In this fork of Tile Cutter there was added some things:
- Plist file, that have info about tiles position and source image size.
- Skipping of absolutely transparent tiles
- Command Line Tool
- Rigid Tile Size (can be useful if you need fixed tile size, even if image don't fit)
There's some minor issues in this fork, that i probably will not fix, cause everything is working fine for me now:
- You can't choose other than PNG file type in commandLine tool.
- You can't set suffix in GUI.
- There's no progressBar in commandLine tool. Here's a link, that maybe can help you with implementing non-duplicating progress bar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_escape_code
- rigidTilesSize option is available only in commandLine tool. (It allows you to have all tiles with equal size with black pixels that is out of image area)
If you're using Tile-Cutter and experiencing some issues - feel free to open new Issues or Pull Requests in this Repo.