The King James Bible
Source for https://kingjames.bible, one of many copies of the King James Bible on the web.
This is a labor of love with the end goal being a clean, high quality implementation without distracting fluff.
Here is the current thinking and relative order of planned features:
- Single Page App (SPA) but retaining SEO features
- Full text searching
- Built-in dictionary
- Copy + Paste functionality to aid in copying bible content to blogs and web sites with configurable styling
- Embeddable "verse of the day"
- Embeddable Bible search
- A flash card style memorization site
Please add feature suggestions to the issue tracker and I'll see what I can do.
Cross browser testing is provided by BrowserStack.
Building and Deploying
To build this software you will need several tools pre-installed:
- Leiningen - Tested with 2.6.1
- Node.js - 6.3.1
- NPM - 3.10.3
- gulp-cli - 0.4.0 - install with
npm install gulp-cli -g
The build steps are:
- Resolve all Clojure, ClojureScript, and Node.js dependencies with
- Compile the ClojureScript code with
lein cljsbuild once.
- Build the static web page resources with
gulp build --config prod. This will place the resulting files in
- Publish the static web page resources to an S3 bucket with
gulp bucketsync --config prod.