Truthcoin_Whitepaper.pdf - My whitepaper describing a software protocol which creates and manages decentralized prediction markets (PMs).
TruthcoinValuable.pdf - A simple slide deck on the potential return available to contributing investors / programmers (.pptx with presentation notes).
Other papers which describe the overall purposes and goals of this endeavour:
- What PMs are and why they're important.
- How PMs can be assembled into different types (for maximum impact).
- How PMs can be used in ways other than simply predicting the future.
- Some myths about PMs which I still hear.
- A comment on PM-manipulation and why it actually is helpful (by providing profit opportunities).
- Comments on the "assassination markets" concept (why it is unlikely to work).
Addendum / Errata
Find a typo? Was anything not completely clear? Send me an email or pull request into this section:
FAQ has been moved to: http://www.truthcoin.info/faq/
Notes to Self
- Just as Namecoin has an extra tab for names, ideally an extra tab for Markets / Trading.
- Toggle an 'Voter/Employee Mode' to access a Voting tab.
- Concept of a "Voter helper": gets info from 'recentralizers' (reddit, google, twitter, etc).
- Arbitrage Helper (described slightly in Paper #3).
- Voters for 'Unclear' always become ".5". For this reason, clear votes for a value which would actually translate to .5 must instead translate to .500001 or so.