You can read the Examples documentation on-line at http://ptah-examples.readthedocs.org.
This git repository contains self-contained WSGI applications which demonstrate various aspects of the pyramid-based Ptah environment. This repository contains:
- ptah_models - 2 form examples, homepage, management ui
- ptah_simpleauth - 2 form examples, homepage, management ui, auth and user source
- ptah_minicms - a hierarchical cms supporting local roles, management ui, auth/user source, actions, layout preview and File, Page and Folder content types.
- ptah_chat - a realtime websocket chat application using pyramid_sockjs wtih gevent and ptah_crowd.
- simple - 1 file module examples which demonstrate various ptah features.
All of these examples can be used in conjunction with ptah_crowd which provides more features. Some ptah_crowd features include user management, registration, reset password. You can find ptah_crowd in the ptahproject github.
See ptah README or pyramid README on how to create virtualenv. Once you have a virtualenv you can follow this guide. If you havent installed ptah. Install it with easy_install or pip:
$ cd path/to/virtualenv $ bin/easy_install ptah
NOTE: on Windows bin/easy_install will be Scripts/easy_install
Once you have ptah installed you can run these examples.
$ git clone git://github.com/ptahproject/examples.git $ cd examples
Pick which WSGI application you like, lets pick ptah_models. We need to install the package into our development environment:
$ cd ptah_models $ path/to/virtualenv/bin/python setup.py develop
Now we start it up. --reload is optional. If you edit a Python file the WSGI server will restart:
$ path/to/virtualenv/bin/pserve settings.ini --reload
Goto http://localhost:6543/ and you can read and experiment. Look at http://ptahproject.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html for latest Ptah documentation.
You can find support on irc.freenode.net on #ptahproject or #pyramid
If you run into a problem with the examples you get further by using the source checkout.
As of Jan. 11. 2012 the examples require master of ptah and ptah_crowd until 0.3 of those packages are released.