Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
This is a major update, with most parts of the being refactored to work better and provide new features.
New features include
- Dockerization. Provide everything needed to run the app duplicator as a Docker container, including image files in Docker Hub.
- When run using Docker, the app duplicator will bring up its own web server (based on nginx). No more reliance on external web servers thus.
- Make filelogging optional. The log level used for file logging follows the overall log level that has been configured in the YAML config file.
- https for the app duplicator REST API can be enabled/disabled in the config file. While https is important, it is not always relevant (for example when running behind reverse proxies).
- User configurable name of custom property that will be set for apps created using this tool. This makes it easy to later see what apps were created using the app duplicator, and which were not.
- User configurable name of the custom property used to identify apps as being templates. If the property does not exist, it will be created.
There are also several bug fixes and general improvements that make the duplicator service more stable and reliable.
On the surface everything looks the same - but under the hoods the app duplicator has been almost entirely re-written.
The app now uses Qlik's Enigma.js library instead of Qsocks, has better and more configurable logging etc.
On the surface everything is the same though - no major changes to the web frontend.
Version 1.2.0 includes some minor changes in the actual app duplicator service, but more importantly it includes a complete user interface, designed to provide very quick and easy creation of Sense apps, using existing apps on the Sense Enterprise server as templates.
More info in the README file.
This release adds several improvements that helps making the app duplicator production grade:
- https required
- Logging all requests to files on disk
- Improved stability and better handling of malformed requests