pb is a lightweight pastebin and url shortener built using
There is currently no known general-purpose public pb deployment. See #246 for details.
- full paste and short-url CRUD
- private pastes
- tweakable syntax highlighting
- terminal recording playback
- markup rendering
- python >= 3.6
- mongodb >= 3.2
- docker >= 17.04
pb comes with a
docker-compose.yaml to start development
environments easily. Refer to relevant documentation for how to install
start pb with:
pb will be listening on
ptpb.pw (the reference deployment) uses ptpb-deploy, which includes TLS termination, automatic x509 certificate rotation, and response caching.
For a simpler deployment, the included
docker-compose.yaml can be used verbatim, and are easy to read/study.
Other best practices include:
- not using a shared/system python, when this is shared with packages other than pb
- not using debian or centos
- these provide severely outdated packages, and require additional work to compensate for this