Bridging Distant Worlds: Innovation in the Civic Space
This purpose of this white paper is to set the context for and articulate a Regional Civic Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Agenda for the Greater Sacramento Metropolitan Area, comprising the Sacramento Area Council of Government's jurisdiction.
A few things make this different:
- We're crowdsourcing this content, including specific policy recommendations.
- We're not a special interest group; we're just trying to move the needle on measurable quality of life outcomes.
- We're open source, so please fork our policy and make it better.
Here are direct links to each section of the paper in the repo:
- 1. Defining Innovation
- 2. Pursuing Innovation
- 3. Civic Innovation Structures
- 4. Civic Innovation Themes
- 5. Recommendations
- Appendix A. Draft Regional Civic Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Agenda Resolution
- Appendix B. Framework for an Innovative Jurisdiction
- Appendix C. New Urban Mechanics Executive Order
Want to learn how to make a pull request? Hit up @roughani and he will show you.
- Theme forked from orderedlist
- Powered by GitHub Pages
- "Fork me on GitHub" CSS Ribbon by simonwhitaker
Copyright (c) 2014 Public Innovation
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.