- Currently it's not possible to override the default options for
Puma::Configuration with user provided options.
- I came across this issue while working on fixing server restart for
- Rails can send it's own restart command to Puma and Puma should store
it in it's configuration object. So that Puma::Launcher can use it.
- After this patch it will be possible as user provided options will be
taken into account in Configuration object.
- We need to pass the restart command to Puma so that it will use it
while restarting the server.
- Also made sure that all the options passed by user while starting
the server are used in the generated restart command so that they will
be used while restarting the server.
- Besides that we need to remove the server.pid file for the previous running
server because otherwise Rack complains about it's presence.
- We don't care if the server.pid file does not exist. We only want to delete
it if it exists.
- This also requires some changes on Puma side which are being tracked
here - puma/puma#936.