GitHub-Cue is a Chrome extension that gives users suggestions or recommendations of interesting repositories, based on the repositories that the user is already watching.
Another, chrome extension for “the geeks whose primary Social Network is GitHub”. This extension, obviously, is not an official GitHub product.
If you like the extension, Flattr it!
- Install GitHub-Cue.
- Save your GitHub username in the options page.
- Visit https://github.com and login to see the recommended repositories. It on the right hand column above the “Your Repositories” box.
- Scrapes all the descriptions of the repositories being watched by the user.
- Key terms are extracted from this description text using the Yahoo Term Extractor.
- A list of languages is obtained, based on the languages of the repositories, the user if watching.
- GitHub searches are performed for a combination of 3 randomly chosen languages and 5 random key terms.
- 10 random repositories out of all these, are shown.