Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Better JDK search.
- The capsule process's MBeans (JMX) now reflect the application's.
- Let caplet JARs as well be added to the classpath.
- Allow using options in embedded caplets.
- Fix 'liftoff'.
- Fix exec(java -version)
- Platform specific sections
- JRE-version sections
- Maven dependency resolution separated into a different project
,used to separate renamed libs in the
Windows-Scriptabandoned in favor of
Application-Scriptin platform specific sections
Native-Dependencies-Macabandoned in favor of
Native-Dependenciesin platform specific sections.
capsule-buildproject source moved to capsule-maven project
- Caplet (custom capsule) chaining
- More extension hooks for caplets
- Capsule wrapping
- Faster execution
- Better error reporting
- Class-Path attributes in embedded dependencies are now treated
capsule-build, utilities for build-tool plugins
- Various bug fixes (like support for very long class paths on Windows)
- New and improved methods for custom capsules
-Dcapsule.java.cmdto override Java executable selection
- Include default (empty) scope in POM when getting dependencies from POM.
- Fixed capsule extraction when the capsule JAR was created on Windows
- Capsule supports Maven's
settings.xmlfor authentication of private repositories
- A capsule's Maven repositories can be given ids (in the form
id(url)rather than just
CAPSULE_REPOSenvironment variable can now take a whitespace separated list (in addition to a comma-separated list)
- Added a default log level attribute as well as a
- Programmatically set the capsule's mode in a custom capsule
Argsattribute can now address and reorder command line arguments with
- Specify JVM arguments that apply only to the application on the command line via the
- The application's (child) process pid is now published with a system property to be queried with
jcmdor other tools.
- Really executable capsules can now use "capsule trampolining" to execute the application directly in the parent process (the process launched at the command line) rather than in a child process.
- The online documentation now includes Javadocs for all Capsule subprojects.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- The Capsule JAR file size has been reduced from about 2MB to under 1.5MB (not relevant for fat capsules)
- JARs in the Capsule's root are now added to the default classpath in lexical-order, to prevent different behavior on different platforms (the order can be explicitly specified with the
- Repositories listed in the
CAPSULE_REPOSenvironment variable are now prepended to the capsule's repositories rather than replace them
- Some of Capsule's methods have changed names, which could affect custom capsules. See the Capsule class's Javadoc
- Capsule now uses the new Maven Central HTTPS access by default.
New Features and Enhancements
- The following repository aliases are recognized:
central(Maven Central https),
central-http(Maven Central http),
jcenter-http(jCenter http), and
local(for the local repository).
- Capsule supports local repositories with
- Capsule does not allow SNAPSHOT dependencies unless the
Allow-Snapshotsattribute is set to
- Better JVM installation search on Windows.