SimpleMP or Simple Music Player is a simple and easy to use music player for free. It plays the most common music files (mp3, ogg, wma, wav) in a very simple way, just drag&drop your files or folders on the main screen and push play...
So why another music player? When I decided to make my own player back in 2005, the
Winamp 3 player was too buggy and very slow! I used my favorite programming language Delphi 5 and I learned a lot of new stuff. It was a great time and a few people in the Delphi community honored my work :-). Unfortunately, the interface of the FMOD sound library was no longer supported for Delphi, so I decided in 2007 to stop working on it.
In 2012 (after long time), I decided to make a new one!
Attention: This is a develope playground for me. It's a newer version of my old simple music player (SimpleMP).
It's not perfect and many function not yet implemented.
Use it with your own risk!
- Plays mp3, ogg, wma and wav files (should be enough... or not?)
- Drag&Drop your files or directories into the player (on the play list)
- Drag&Drop files within the playlist
- Add directories to the medialib (not yet finished)
- Simple 10 band equalizer
- Simple volume fade in and out (5 sec per default, can be changed in the settings file)
- Shortcut keys if the player is on top and has the focus
- [Space] play or pause current file (if none is playing, the first selected file starts)
- [Enter] play selected files
- [Del] delete selected files from current playlist
- [j] play next file
- [k] play previuos file
- [s] shuffle mode on / off
- [r] repeat play list on / off
- [m] mute player on / off
- [e] show the equalizer
- [l] show the medialib
- Flexible, responsive UI (different views for different window sizes)
- You can link with the supported files (open with...)
- Working as single instance, that means
- if you try start the player twice you get always the first started player
- if you link with supported media files, the player loads the new files and play the first file from the added files
- Tooltip on playlist files
- Dpi aware (per monitor)
From time to time I'll build and publish a new pre-release which can be find here:
Awesome libs that I use
- MaterialDesignInXamlToolkit Google Material Design in XAML & WPF, for C# & VB.Net from @ButchersBoy
- Rx (Reactive Extensions)
All Icons are taken from MahApps.Metro.IconPacks.
Simple Music Player
Copyright (c) >= 2012 Jan Karger
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.