Imagine you want to search for that sushi restaurant someone recommended you last month but you don't remember its name: you type "sushi restaurant" in your laptop and you get an old tweet from a friend about
Tokyo Sushi. You also get a comment you wrote on Facebook, an SMS message you sent your brother
and a bookmark in your browser, all about the same restaurant. And imagine that you can do this
with your smart phone, your laptop, tablet or smart TV. Something so basic yet so far from
This is Moogle - My Own Google, the search engine for private data.
The project has 2 main components:
- moogle: a website which provides the main user interface.
- magpie: the core engine which crawls and index private data from service providers.
Follow the steps written in the README.md files in
moogle folder in order to
create a local development copy.
NOTE: The project is still in its early stages.
Register your own app at the providers websites and get an API client id and a secret.
- App management URL: https://cloud.google.com/console/project
- Permissions: Drive API.
- Note: Gmail and Drive use the same key.
- App management URL: https://developers.facebook.com/apps
- Options to enable: Client OAuth Login, Embedded browser OAuth Login.
- Redirect URI: http://127.0.0.1:8000/tokens/add/facebook/callback