We are pleased to announce the release of Pupil v1.12!
Download the latest bundle and let us know what you think via the #pupil channel on Discord
Head Pose Tracking - #1484
The plugin builds a 3d model by detecting markers (apriltag) in your environment. After building the model, you can track the Pupil wearer's head pose within this environment.
See our video tutorial on how to setup and use this feature. Enable captions on the youtube video for the tutorial commentary. Also, checkout the documentation (Detailed Data Format section, last paragraph) on how the exported data format looks like.
Caveat: Head Pose Tracking is not yet available on Windows since the used apriltag implementation is incomaptible with Windows.
Auto Camera Selection - #1470
We introduced a new button in the Backend Manager:
Start with default devices
After switching to a different video backend, you can click the
Start with default devices button. This will automatically select the correct sensor and start capturing for corresponding world and eye windows.
This feature is particularly useful if you need to the change the capture often.
Video Overlay - #1489
Video Overlay plugin enables you to overlay any video with synchronized timestamps.
You can easily record videos with timestamps by using a second instance of Pupil Capture or Pupil Mobile.
Example use case: Use another camera to record a "third person" view of a participant in your eye tracking experiment and overlay this video with the first person world video + gaze visualization.
Vis Eye Video Overlay has been renamed to
- Full support for the new 200Hz HTC Vive Binocular Add-on - #1497
- Consistent export ranges - #1480
- Opencv 4 compatibility - #1495
- Eye video export - Fixed a bug where the data from the incorrect eye was rendered - #1488
- Fix offline gaze mapper crash when using a recorded calibration - #1499
- apriltag - The Head Pose Tracker uses the apriltag detector. Specifically, Pupil uses
@swatbotics's C library via a modified version of their Python bindings.
- Plugins can consume UI events - #1481