Puppet's generated references include:
- The type reference: docs for all built-in resource types.
- The function reference: docs for all built-in functions.
- The configuration reference: descriptions of all available puppet.conf settings.
- The metaparameter reference: docs for the special attributes that can be set for every resource type.
- The report reference: docs for the built-in report processors.
- The indirection reference: docs for Puppet's internal object routing and compilation subsystems.
- The developer documentation: information about the Ruby classes and methods available to extension developers.
All of these documents are compiled from strings embedded in the Puppet code.