Welcome to the Litmus wiki!
Litmus is a tool that helps you acceptance test Puppet modules. It facilitates testing a module against a variety of OSes, and deployment scenarios. This tool helps provision test platforms such as containers/images, install the Puppet agent, install a module and run tests with minimal effort. These commands empower the user to run different workflows quickly and interactively.
The following topics explains different user workflows and a high level overview.
- Overview of using Litmus (basic workflow & concepts) an in-depth look into the Litmus commands, along with what options are available, e.g. how to install Puppet 5, or how to run against localhost.
- Tutorial: use Litmus with MoTD. This is a quick start guide, to try Litmus on a module that has already been converted. It allows you to try the different commands and get used to the workflow.
- Converting a module to use Litmus. Provides a walkthrough of the steps necessary to convert an existing module that uses Beaker, to use Litmus as the test runner. This shows what files need to be changed, and how to modify the rspec files.
- Architecture of Litmus. An explanation of the technologies involved and what projects are used.
- Helper Functions that are now available when using Litmus.
- Converting your tests beaker rspec to litmus some tips on converting your existing tests to use litmus.