How to contribute
- Make sure you have a Redmine account
- Make sure you have a GitHub account
- Submit a ticket for your issue, assuming one does not already exist.
- Clearly describe the issue including steps to reproduce when it is a bug.
- Make sure you fill in the earliest version that you know has the issue.
- Fork the repository on GitHub
- Create a branch off of the branch you want to base off of.
- This is usually the master branch.
- Only target release branches if you are certain your fix must be on that branch.
- Make commits of logical units.
- Check for unnecessary whitespace with "git diff --check" before committing.
- Make sure your commit messages are in the proper format.
(#Ticket Number) What you are changing with this commit Describe what happened before. Describe the change in behavior that this commit makes.
- Make sure you have added the necessary tests for your changes.
- Run all the tests to assure nothing else was accidentally broken.
- Sign the Contributor License Agreement.
- Push your changes to a topic branch in your fork of the repository.
- Submit a pull request to the repository in the puppetlabs organization.
- Update your Redmine ticket to mark that you have submitted code.