Please sign in to comment.
PDB-476 Decorate the terminus code with Puppet profiling blocks
This patch adds some select profiling blocks to the PuppetDB terminus code. The profiler is provided by puppet core from Puppet::Util::Puppetdb#profile, which has recently become public for our use. We provide here in our own utils library our own wrapper implementation that can be mixed in. Key areas of our terminus functionality have now been profiled with this patch: * Entry points are profiled and identified by their entry methods (save, find, search etc.) * Remote calls, HTTP gets/posts * Code that does any form of encoding/decoding that might be potentially slow at capacity. The style of messages I've used follow along with the existing Puppet profiling examples already in place so as to be readable together. We have prefixed our profile message with "PuppetDB" for easy searchability also. I have provided a small FAQ entry that explains in brief the process of debugging, although we lack something to link to in Puppet for a more detailed explanation. This will probably need to be fixed if better documentation comes available. Signed-off-by: Ken Barber <email@example.com>
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 407 additions and 292 deletions.
- +8 −0 documentation/puppetdb-faq.markdown
- +203 −166 puppet/lib/puppet/indirector/catalog/puppetdb.rb
- +75 −56 puppet/lib/puppet/indirector/facts/puppetdb.rb
- +46 −36 puppet/lib/puppet/indirector/resource/puppetdb.rb
- +36 −28 puppet/lib/puppet/reports/puppetdb.rb
- +26 −2 puppet/lib/puppet/util/puppetdb.rb
- +13 −4 puppet/lib/puppet/util/puppetdb/command.rb
Oops, something went wrong.