Table of Contents
- Setup - The basics of getting started with base
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
The base module provides a base provisioning for all systems Puppet interacts with.
What base affects
Because the base module is used to provide a provisioned baseline, it affects the system extensively. This includes:
- A number of OS-specific packages installed.
- Services enabled and set to running.
- Basic system hardening via sysctl configuration files.
The base module is used by simply including it in the most basic Puppet profile: