Halogen is a type-safe library for building user interfaces in PureScript.
- Declarative Write simple views for each state in your application, and Halogen will efficiently and intelligently update the right components and re-render your user interface.
- Component Architecture Write encapsulated components which manage their own state, and compose them together to build complex user interfaces. Or, use a single component to implement an Elm-like architecture.
Read the documentation to learn how to use Halogen in your own projects.
Install Halogen with Spago:
spago install halogen
We also recommend these community resources for learning how to use Halogen in your applications:
There are several ways to get help if you get stuck using Halogen:
- Open an issue if you have encountered a bug or problem.
- Start a thread on the PureScript Discourse or browse the
#halogentag if you have general questions about Halogen.
- Join the PureScript Discord to chat about Halogen with other PureScript users.
This repository contains several self-contained examples, ranging from a basic button to controlling external components.
You may also want to review the Real World Halogen example application, which demonstrates routing, state management, authentication, making requests, and other real world examples with commented explanations.
The main purpose of this repository is to continue evolving Halogen, making it faster and easier to use. Halogen is developed in the open on GitHub and we're grateful for community-contributed bugfixes and improvements.
You can take part in improving Halogen by opening or participating in issues, opening pull requests to add new features, documentation, or tests, and by helping other Halogen users on Discord and Discourse.