NPC Adventures (It's time to adventure)
THIS MOD IS IN BETA VERSION! It's relatively stable, but may cause some bugs and issues. Found any defect? Report it and help improvement this mod. Any idea? Create a proposal on Github. Thanks.
Go to an adventure with Pelican Town's villagers! Recruit bachelorete or bachlor and go to an adventure togehter.
Download this mod on Nexusmods
- Install the latest version of SMAPI.
- Download this mod and unzip it into Stardew Valley/Mods.
- Run the game using SMAPI.
- Ask NPC to a follow farmer (5 hearts and more required)
- Recruited NPC can fight with monsters (with swords and for NPC with personal skill fighter)
- Various dialogues for different locations (incomplete yet)
- Can save items from our repository to a npc's backpack
- If you want to break adventure, then you can release a companion
- Next morning you can find a package with your items you saved in companion's backpack
- Idle animations
- Speech bubbles while companion fighting
- [UPDATED] Different personal skills: warrior, fighter, doctor, forager, scared and spiritual (next comming soon)
- Doctor can heal you if your health is under 30% and can try to save your life before death
- Warrior can use critical defense fists
- Fighter can level up (syncing level with player) and can upgrade swords
- Forager can occasionally forage and give you foraged items.
- Companion with scared skill can be scared when see a monster.
- Display personal skills in HUD (with mouseover tooltip)
- Better critical defense fist fight animation and sound
- Support for content packs and localizations. You can add custom NPC as companion (see how to create content pack on wiki)
- User configuration (via
config.json, see SMAPI docs)
- Every companion NPC grants a buffs
- Two gameplay modes: Adventure (default) and classic (like alpha versions)
- Location dialogues can be assigned by time update in game
- Prostetic (changeable) buffs for Maru (hold
Gto change buff)
- Recruitable villagers can suggest you an adventure (requires 7 hearts and more. Can be changed in config)
- Companion introduction quests (visit Marlon, recruit 1 companion, recruit 5 companions and recruit 10 companions) - ADVENTURE MODE ONLY!
- Debug mode for developers and content pack creators (by default disabled, you can enable it in config)
- Added debug command
npcadventure_eligiblefor eligible player to recruit, DEBUG AND ADVENTURE MODE ONLY!-
- New documentation for players and modders/content creators
- Support for localizations in content packs
Android support (experimental) Thx @MaxPresiOfficial android support cancelled!
- Fight through companion without annoying dialogue
- Recruit and ask companions with hold a shift key (you can enable it in
- Wife/Husband companion auto-dismisses at midnight (others still at 10pm)
- Quest Framework based
- Visit companion's house any time if you have recruited them
- New cursor for ask to follow action
- [NEW] Mod-accessible API
- [NEW] Spiritual skill for Emily
- [NEW] Compatibility with Pacifist Valley (requires Compatibility content pack for full compatibility)
Next features comming soon...
Supported companion NPCs
|Abigail||Warrior||+1 Speed, +1 Luck, +1 Attack|
|Alex||Warrior||+1 Speed, +2 Attack|
|Maru||Doctor||+1 Mining, +1 Luck, +1 Speed|
|Sebastian||Warrior||+1 Speed, +1 Luck, +1 Attack|
All listed NPCs except Emily can figth with sword! Married spouse grants additional buffs +1 Luck and +1 Magnetic radius
For some NPCs listed above we're missing companion dialogues. You can help us and you can create it. How? Fork this repo and see Dialogue wiki. You can get inspiration from code. Are you created dialogues? Just send us a PR.
By default this mod is played in adventure mode. This mode brings quests and events to interaction with your companions. For enable companion asking you must reach 20 level of mines, have granted access to Adventurer's guild and received letter from Marlon with invitation and seen Adventure begins event with Marlon. Then you can ask villagers to companion. Marlon's letter you will receive morning when you reached level 20, you have a 66% (3 hearts for default level 5 required hearts) of required heart level with any recruitable villager and you have an access to Adventurer's guild. You already reached level and you have access and you installed/updated this mod? You will receive letter morning immediately (must to go out from FarmHouse to receive it tomorrow).
Worried about adventure mode? Do you want old companion functionality like was in alpha versions? Don't be sad, just disable adventure mode in configuration. By disabling adventure mode you disable also all quest lines and companion events!
You can add your custom NPC as companion to this mod via content pack. See documentation
- Works with Stardew Valley 1.4 on Linux/Mac/Windows.
- Works on Android 6 and newer (experimental support)
- Works in single player ONLY.
Note for Android users
Compatibility with android was revoked and using this mod on Android SDV is on your own risk! Officially NPC Adventures are no longer compatible with Android.
Compatibility with other mods
✅Custom Kissing Mod - 100% compatible (from version 0.9.0 with version 1.2.0 and newer of Custom Kissing Mod. ✅Json Assets - You can use custom weapons in disposition file from JA in your content packs via weapon name (Only swords supported). ✅Pacifist Valley - You can give some love with companions together! For full compatibility you need install Compatibility content pack. Requires NPC Adventures >= 0.15.0. ⚠️Automatic gates - NOT COMPATIBLE! Companion can stuck in gate when gate is automatic closed after farmer.
- English (Corashirou, RememberEmber, PurrplingCat)
- Portuguese Brazilian (andril11) (100% covered)
- Spanish (mardrest) (100% covered)
Asking NPC to a follow farmer
Companion follows you
Various dialogues for different locations
We can save items from our repository to a companion's backpack
If we want to break adventure, then we can release a companion
Next morning we can find a package with our items we saved in companion's backpack
doctor skill can heal you if you are injured
More features comming soon...
- PurrplingCat - main developer and producer
- RememberEmber - author of dialogues and texts
- andril11 - Portuguese translation
- mardrest - Spanish translation
- 치즈린, KAYA - Korean translation