Sublime Text plugin: Mediawiker
- Working with mediawiki based sites through the use of mwclient library. Mwclient was modified for work under Sublime text 3.
- New pages creation / existing pages edition and posting to wiki.
- Possibility to open pages from history-list of posted pages or from category tree menu.
- TOC (table of contents) menu of the page edited to move by page headers.
- Syntax highlighting from Textmate Mediawiki bundle (included).
- Possibility to create / edit simple wiki tables with plugin TableEdit.
- Wiki search
- Snippets for main wiki tags.
- Support of https and proxy connection.
- Support of http/https basic/digest authorization.
The easiest way to install this is with Package Control.
- If you just went and installed Package Control, you probably need to restart Sublime Text 2 before doing this next bit.
- Bring up the Command Palette (Command+Shift+p on OS X, Control+Shift+p on Linux/Windows).
- Select "Package Control: Install Package" (it'll take a few seconds)
- Select Mediawiker when the list appears.
Package Control will automatically keep Mediawiker up to date with the latest version.
First find your Sublime Text 2 Packages folder:
- OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/ - Windows: %APPDATA%/Sublime Text 2/Packages/ - Linux: ~/.Sublime Text 2/Packages/
If you have Git, you can clone this repo to "/packages-folder/Mediawiker/"
Download this repo using the "ZIP" button above, unzip and place the files in "/packages-folder/Mediawiker/"
- Note: Not all color schemes fully supports syntax highlighting scopes required by markup languages like Mediawiki or Markdown. On this moment, color schemes with better support are: Twilight, Sunburst, Eiffel. Also, Mediawiker package includes Twilight (Mediawiki), Eiffel (Mediawiki) and Mediawiker_Dark schemes with improved highlighting for mediawiki syntax.
- Check plugin wiki for setup instructions.
- Use Preferences / Package settings / Mediawiker / "Settings - Default" and "Settings - User" for setup wiki connection and plugin options.
- Some connection specific rules:
- If user-name is empty, then authorization will not be used.
- If user-name is not empty, but user-password is empty, you will be prompted for password on action.
- All settings are available under the Main menu / Preferences / Package Settings / Mediawiker.
- Edit panel with all commands and snippets in ordered list (can be customized in the settings).
- Main menu / Tools / Mediawiker / Edit panel
- Open page command for retrieving existing wiki-page. If the page does not exists, you can create the new one.
- Main menu / Tools / Mediawiker / Open page
- Use page name or page url as a wiki page name. When the url will be inserted, it will be cleared to page name, if wiki parameters is correct and current wiki site was selected.
- Reopen page command - to reopen current page.
- Post page command for publishing pages. When you post a page, the name of the page will be saved to pages history.
- Main menu / Tools / Mediawiker / Post page
- Settings option mediawiker_mark_as_minor (default: false) - using to mark changes as minor. Or you can use ! character as summary prefix to invert this option on current post.
- Pages history command to open the page by name from history.
- Show TOC command for show table of contents of the current page and to move by page headers.
- Show internal links command for show all internal links of the current page. You can go to selected link on page, open it in editor or in browser.
- Show external links command for show all external links of the current page (links like [link..]). You can go to selected links on page or open it in browser.
- Select wiki command to select your current wiki site.
- Open page in browser command to open current page in web-browser.
- Set category command to add category to current article from list of root category members (check "mediawiker_category_root" option in configuration).
- Insert image command to insert link to image from wiki. Parameter mediawiker_image_prefix_min_length is using to limit length of search prefix for large wikies (by default: 4 characters).
- Insert template command to insert template from wiki.
- Search command to search articles by text string. Results are shown as markdown formatted text in a new tab. Parameter mediawiker_search_results_count is using to limit search results count.
- Category tree command to show sub-categories and pages of the predefined category as menu.
- Numbered TOC command to set headers as numbered list (format 1.1.1.).
- File upload for uploading files to wiki
- CSV data to wiki table command to transform selected csv-text to wiki table (default delimiter since version 2.0: |).
- (Buggy) Wiki table to Simple command to transform the selected table (or under cursor) to Simple table (for using with plugin TableEdit).
- (Buggy) Simple table to wiki command to convert Simple table back to wiki syntax.
- Native Sublime text Command palette with predefined filter of plugin's commands and snippets.
Predefined mediawiki sites settings
Note: You must setup your credentials for authorization in the settings.
You can add your favorite sites in the settings.