Docker Beginners Techlab
In this Docker Techlab you're going to learn the basics behind the container technology docker.
- Introduction presentation, what are Containers?
- How to install Docker on your computer?
- Run Docker Containers
- Mount local Volumes into Containers
- Build Docker Containers
- How networking works
- Getting Started
- Environment Variables
- Deleting Container
- Working with Volumes
- Frontend Container
- Embedding the Source Code
- Linking Frontend and Backend
- Building Your Own Docker Image
- Registry and Docker Hub
- Docker Best Practices
- create a docker image for your own application
- use docker compose to define multi-container docker applications for dev environments
- read and study the OpenShift image creation guide
- create a docker hub account and create a docker build for your own docker image (Dockerfile hosted on github)