This (will become) a PowerShell module to manipulate OPNsense's config.xml format.
General functionality/workflow will be:
- Download configuration file by using the backup export functionality of OPNsense.
- Parse and load configuration file into memory
- Use PowerShell cmdlets provided by this module to interrogate and manipulate select aspects of the configuration
- Write out a new config.xml file.
- Upload configuration file to the OPNsense box.
I do not aim for complete coverage of all of config.xml, just enough to scratch my own itches. Patches welcome!
- Clone the repository into C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\WindowsPowershell\Modules, such that there is a file named C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\WindowsPowershell\Modules\PoshOpnSense\PoshOpnSense.psd1 (if you prefer it elsewhere on your filesystem, read about how to import modules or set PowerShell's module path.
- Open up Powershell and start working with the cmdlets.