Table of Contents
Code and design files for a motorized barn door tracker for night sky photography.
- Current mockup should be workable assuming the stepper motor does not change as the design progresses.
- Vibration induced by stepper motor.
- Coupling of stepper motor shaft and threaded rod.
- Power requirements of stepper motor could lead to a last minute stepper motor change.
- Measure T-nuts, make sure holes in mounting boards are the correct size.
- Waiting on circuit for the following information:
- Circuit mounting constraints (Size, mounting holes, power supply)
- Not started.
- Power consumption of stepper motor, need to create designs to determine alternatives and solutions.
- Power consumption vs. torque, how much torque is going to be required to lower the camera?
- Stepper vs. Servo w/ regards to vibration?
- Power supply battery vs. AC Power, Wattage being consumed by steppers for possible deep cycle battery -> Power Inverter or DC-DC power supply -> Stepper motor supply.
- Not Started.
- Drive stepper at a set rate to match sky rotation
- Quick move modes for moving platform up & down