B1.4, B1.6, B1.7, B1.9, B2.0 & Xiaomi Miaomiaoce MHO-C401 & CGG1-M ver: 2020, 2021 - "Qingping Temp & RH M", 2022 - "Qingping Temp RH M" & CGDK2 Qingping Temp & RH Monitor LiteXiaomi Mijia LYWSD03MMC HW:
This repository contains custom firmware for several Bluetooth Thermometer & Hygrometer devices. The download of the appropriate firmware for your device will be presented automatically in TelinkMiFlasher.html. Downloading files from this repository is not required. Alternative firmware and configurator from ATC1441 (variant ATC_Thermometer.bin) can be found here: atc1441/ATC_MiThermometer. Custom firmware is not supported in MiHome. But it is possible to work LYWSD03MMC with 'Xiaomi Gateway 3' by first registering in MiHome on the official firmware, flashing to custom firmware with restoring the binding key from MiHome, replacing the device name with "LYWSD03MMC" and setting the advertising type to "MIJIA (MiHome)" marked "encrypted".
The custom firmware can be flashed via a modern browser and over-the-air (OTA) without opening the device and unlocks several customization options. You can go back to the original firmware at any time. OTA and configuration main page - TelinkMiFlasher.html.
- Extended battery life (over a year)
- Improved measurement accuracy and extended format in 0.01 units
- Full support Home Assistant 'BTHome integration'
- Supports encrypted connections using PIN-code and encrypted bindkey beacon
- Support Bluetooth5.0+ PHY (LE 1M/2M/LongRange:500K/125K), CSA1/CSA2 (Channel Selection Algorithm)
- 3 LCD Display Screens (Looping): Temperature & Humidity & Comfort, Temperature & Battery Level, Clock
- Measurement values recording & Charting. See Reading Measurements from Flash
- Adjustable correction offsets and Comfort zones
- Support for 4 beacon formats: Xiaomi, ATC, Custom, BTHome and encrypted options.
- Adjustable RF TX Power & Bluetooth advertising interval
- DIY improvements - relay control by temperature or humidity, transmission of the reed switch status - open / closed or pulse counter
|Xiaomi Mijia (LYWSD03MMC)||Xiaomi Miaomiaoce (MHO-C401)||Qingping Temp & RH Monitor (CGG1-Mijia)||CGDK2 Qingping Temp & RH Monitor Lite|
Table of content
- Getting Started
- Technical specifications
- Average power consumption
- Bluetooth Advertising Formats
- Bluetooth Connection Mode
- Temperature or humidity trigger on GPIO PA5 (label on the "reset" pin)
- Reed Switch on GPIO PA6 (label on the "P8" pin)
- Interface for receiving and displaying data on the LCD.
- The USB-COM adapter writes the firmware in explorer. Web version.
- Related Work
- Resources & Links
You can conveniently flash, update and configure the bluetooth thermometers remotely using a bluetooth connection and a modern web browser.
Flashing or Updating the Firmware (OTA)
To flash or update the firmware, use a Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Opera Browser.
- Go to the Over-the-air Webupdater Page
- If using Android, Windows, Linux: Ensure you enabled "experimental web platform features". Therefore copy the according link (i.e.
chrome://flags/#enable-experimental-web-platform-featuresfor Chrome), open a new browser tab, paste the copied URL. Now sten the Experimental Web Platform features flag to Enabled. Then restart the browser.
- In the Telink Flasher Page: Press
Connect: The browser should open a popup with visible Bluetooth devices. Choose the according target device (i.e.
LYWSD03MMC) to pair.
- After connection is established a Do Acivation button appears. Press this button to start the decryption key process.
- Now you can press the Custom Firmware ver x.x button to directly flash the custom firmware. Alternatively you can choose a specific firmware binary (i.e. the original firmware) via the file chooser
- Press Start Flashing.
- Use TelinkOTA to flash old or alternative versions (ATC1441). This is a program for OTA projects with Telink SDK, no third-party (mijia) protections.
After you have flashed the firmware, the device has changed it's bluetooth name to something like
ATC_F02AED. Using the
TelinkMiFlasher.html you have various configuration options.
- Press Connect
- Select the according device to connect/pair (i.e.
- Several configuration options appear
- Choose Send Config to send changed value to the device. Or press Set default and then Send config to revert to the Defaults
|Temperature and Humidity offset||Enter a value to correct the offset of the Temperature or Humidity displayed: For example
|Smiley or Comfort||Choose a static smiley or check the "Comfort" Radio box to change the smiley depending on current Temperature and Humidity.|
|Comfort Parameters||Defines the Lower (Lo) and Upper (Hi) Range for Temperature and Humidity interpreted as comfort zone. In the default configuration a smiley will appear.|
|Advertising Type||Type of supported Bluetooth Advertising Formats.|
|Set time||sends the current time to the device|
|Comfort, Show batt, Clock||Ticking the according boxes you can enable interval rotation between different LCD screens. See the example video below.|
Example of LCD display modes
You can configure different LCD Display modes using Comfort, Show batt and Clock configuration checkboxes. The enabled LCD Display Modes will appear one-by-one in a loop.
Battery and clock display are enabled in the settings. The rest of the settings is kept default. The video contains 2 cycles.
- Temperature and humidity
- Temperature and % of battery
- Temperature and humidity
- Hours and minutes
You can directly update/flash the firmware without downloading the binaries below.
Custom Firmware Versions:
The download of the appropriate firmware for your device will be presented automatically in TelinkMiFlasher.html. Downloading files from this repository is not required.
- LYWSD03MMC Custom Firmware Version 3.8 (HW: B1.4, B1.6, B1.7, B1.9, B2.0)
- MHO-C401 Custom Firmware Version 3.8 (manufacturer Xiaomi, not Azarton!)
- CGG1-M 2020-2021 Custom Firmware Version 3.8 (CGG1-M)
- CGG1-M 2022 Custom Firmware Version 3.8 (CGG1-M)
- CGDK2 Custom Firmware Version 3.8 (CGDK2)
Original Manufacturer Firmware Version
In case you want to go back to the original firmware, you can download them here:
- Xiaomi LYWSD03MMC Original Firmware v1.0.0_0109 (HW: B1.4 only)
- Xiaomi LYWSD03MMC Original Firmware v1.0.0_0130 (HW: B1.4..B2.0)
- Xiaomi MHO-C401 Original Firmware v1.0.0_0010
- Azarton MHO_C401 Original Firmware v1.0.0_0016
- Qingping CGG1-M 2020-2021 Original Firmware v1.0.1_0093
- Qingping CGG1-M 2022 Original Firmware v2.2.1
- Qingping CGPR1 Original Firmware v1.1.1_0228
- Qingping CGDK2 Original Firmware v1.1.1_0210
- Qingping CGDK2 Original Firmware v1.1.1_0217
Firmware version history
|1.2||Bind, Set Pin-code, Support MHO-C401|
|1.3||Get/Set comfort parameters|
|1.4||Get/Set device name, Get/Set MAC|
|1.5||Add Standard Device Information Characteristics|
|1.6||Fix alternation of Advertising in mi mode|
|1.7||Authorization and encryption in permissions to access GAP ATT attributes, if pin code is enabled|
|1.8||Time display (instead of a blinking smile)|
|1.9||Recording measurements to flash memory (cyclic buffer for 19632 measurements)|
|2.0||Recording measurements with averaging to flash memory|
|2.1||Periodic display refresh for MHO-C401
'Erase mi-keys' option to return to original firmware
|2.2||Added parameter "Encrypted Mi Beacon"|
|2.3||Added "Delete all records"|
|2.4||Added parameter "Clock time step"|
|2.5||Remove TRG/FLG errors, minor optimization|
|2.6||Expanding the ranges of threshold parameters (TRG)|
|2.7||Reducing power consumption of MHO-C401 (EDP update), adding version for CGG1-M 2020-2021|
|2.8||Added saving bindkey to EEP if mi-keys are erased, reduced TX power to 0 dB for defaults|
|2.9||Added additional id flags to advertising packages|
|3.0||Added toggle support for advertising package structures for third-party software|
|3.1||Fix security attributes (for pincode)|
|3.2||Added new encrypted beacon formats, reed switch maintenance|
|3.3||Added autodetection for LYWSD03MMC hardware versions B1.6 and B1.9. For CGG1-M and MHO-C401 - autodetection of SHTV3 or SHT4x sensors|
|3.4||Correct Hardware Version Setting for LYWSD03MMC B1.7|
|3.5||Correction of moisture readings for SHT4x sensors. Rounding off sensor values on display.. Saving HW string B2.0 on LYWSD03MMC. Eliminated battery voltage noise in CGG1-M. CGG1 - correction of the battery charge display. Added CGDK2 and modified (DIY) variant of CGDK2-2.|
|3.6||Additional parameters: Support BT5.0 PHY, Channel Selection Algorithm 2, Correct RF-TX Power in suspend|
|3.7||Added format 'HA BLE', reed switch operation mode: Switch and Count. Full support for "HA BLE" encryption. Speed correction I2C for LCD controller LYWSD03MMC HW:1.9. Support for CGG1-M hardware version 2022.|
|3.8||Fix clear_memo, renaming 'HA BLE' format to 'BTHome'|
Reading Measurements from Flash
To record the measurement results, a cyclic buffer in the flash memory for 19632 measurements is used. The recording step interval is set in the interface. With the default settings, the recording step is 10 minutes, which gives a recording depth of 4 and a half months. During the step period, the sensor data and battery voltage are averaged, time stamped, and written to flash memory.
Setting the value to 0 disable logging to internal storage.
Reading Measurements in Connected Mode
Reading Measurements in Advertising Mode
This requires the Experimental Web Platform Features flag enabled in your browser. See Flashing or Updating the Firmware (OTA).
Average power consumption
Xiaomi Mijia (LYWSD03MMC)
Using the default settings for advertising interval of 2.5 seconds and measurement interval of 10 seconds:
- Bluetooth Advertisement: 14..20 uA 3.3V (CR2032 over 6 months)
- Bluetooth Connection: 14..25 uA 3.3V (CR2032 over 6 months)
Xiaomi Miaomiaoce (MHO-C401)
Using the default settings for advertising interval of 2.5 seconds and measurement interval of 20 seconds:
- Bluetooth Advertisement: 12..30 uA 3.3V (depends on the amount of temperature or humidity changes over time to display)
- Bluetooth Connection: 15..30 uA 3.3V (depends on the amount of temperature or humidity changes over time to display)
Bluetooth Advertising Formats
The Firmware can be configured to support one of four different Bluetooth advertisements data formats. Supports bindkey beacon encryption.
UUID 0x181A - size 16 (temperatyre in 0.1%, humidity in 1%): atc1441 format
Custom format (all data little-endian):
UUID 0x181A - size 19: Custom extended format in 0.01 units (all data little-endian):
uint8_t size; // = 19 uint8_t uid; // = 0x16, 16-bit UUID uint16_t UUID; // = 0x181A, GATT Service 0x181A Environmental Sensing uint8_t MAC; //  - lo, ..  - hi digits int16_t temperature; // x 0.01 degree uint16_t humidity; // x 0.01 % uint16_t battery_mv; // mV uint8_t battery_level; // 0..100 % uint8_t counter; // measurement count uint8_t flags; // GPIO_TRG pin (marking "reset" on circuit board) flags: // bit0: Reed Switch, input // bit1: GPIO_TRG pin output value (pull Up/Down) // bit2: Output GPIO_TRG pin is controlled according to the set parameters // bit3: Temperature trigger event // bit4: Humidity trigger event
Encrypted beacon formats (uses bindkey):
Xiaomi Battery Charge
- UUID 0xFE95 - 0x0A: Xiaomi - battery charge level 0..100%, battery voltage in mV
Xiaomi Temperature & Humidity
- UUID 0xFE95 - 0x0D: Xiaomi - temperature x0.1C, humidity x0.1%
Xiaomi Encrypted (bindkey enable)
- UUID 0xFE95 - 0x0A, 0x04, 0x06 Xiaomi - battery charge level 0..100%, temperature x0.1C, humidity x0.1% (All data are averaged over a period of 16 measurements)
Bluetooth Connection Mode
- Primary Service - Environmental Sensing Service (0x181A):
- Characteristic UUID 0x2A1F - Notify temperature x0.1C
- Characteristic UUID 0x2A6E - Notify temperature x0.01C
- Characteristic UUID 0x2A6F - Notify about humidity x0.01%
- Primary Service - Battery Service (0x180F):
- Characteristic UUID 0x2A19 - Notify the battery charge level 0..99%
- Primary Service (0x1F10):
- Characteristic UUID 0x1F1F - Notify, frame id 0x33 (configuring or making a request): temperature x0.01C, humidity x0.01%, battery charge level 0..100%, battery voltage in mV, GPIO-pin flags and triggers.
Temperature or humidity trigger on GPIO PA5 (label on the "reset" pin)
Xiaomi LYWSD03MMC has a PCB soldering test point. Available without disassembling the case and marked "Reset". Use as a trigger output with adjustable temperature and / or humidity hysteresis. Hysteresis and thresholds are set in TelinkMiFlasher.html. The output status is displayed in the advertising package.
- =0 off,
- if less than zero - activation on decrease,
- if more than zero - activation on excess
Setting the pin to "1" or "0" works if both hysteresis are set to zero (TRG off).
Reed Switch on GPIO PA6 (label on the "P8" pin)
It is possible to solder a reed switch on the LYWSD03MMC board to the pins marked "P8" and GND. The state of the reed switch is transferred to the advertising package. For CGG1 - GPIO_PD3, MHO_C401 - no free pins.
Interface for receiving and displaying data on the LCD.
- LCD shows:
- Big number: -99.5..1999.5
- Small number: -9..99
- Smiley, battery, degrees
- Setting the display time limit in sec
The USB-COM adapter writes the firmware in explorer. Web version.
- Connect only TX-SWS and GND wires.
Chipset LYWSD03MMC HW:B1.4
- TLSR8251F512ET24 (TLSR8258 in 24-pin TQFN). SoC: TC32 32-bit MCU 48Mhz, 64 KiB SRAM, 512 KiB Flash (GD25LE40C), Bluetooth 5.0: Mesh, 6LoWPAN, Zigbee, RF4CE, HomeKit, Long Range, Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C, Power supply: 1.8V to 3.6V.
- SHTV3 sensor. Measurement range: Temperature -40°C to +125°C, Humidity 0 to 100 %RH. Power supply: 1.8V to 3.6V
- IST3055NA0 LCD controller
Building the firmware
- Go to wiki.telink-semi.cn and get the IDE for TLSR8 Chips.
- Install the IDE and import the 'ATC_MiThermometer' project
- Compile the project
git clone https://github.com/pvvx/ATC_MiThermometer.git cd ATC_MiThermometer make
ATC_MiThermometer is based on the original work of @atc1441, who developed the initial custom firmware version and the web-based OTA flasher (Source).
Resources & Links
Control function ID when connected
Primary Service UUID 0x1F10, Characteristic UUID 0x1F1F
|0x01||Get/Set device name|
|0x11||Get/Set Mi key: DevNameID|
|0x12||Get/Set Mi keys: Token & Bind|
|0x15||Get all Mi keys|
|0x16||Restore prev mi token & bindkeys|
|0x17||Delete all Mi keys|
|0x18||Get/set binkey in EEP|
|0x20||Get/Set comfort parameters|
|0x22||Get/Set show LCD ext.data|
|0x24||Get/set adjust time clock delta|
|0x33||Start/Stop notify measures in connection mode|
|0x35||Read memory measures|
|0x36||Clear memory measures|
|0x44||Get/Set TRG config|
|0x45||Set TRG output pin|
|0x4A||Get/Set TRG data (not save to Flash)|
|0x55||Get/Set device config|
|0x56||Set default device config|
|0x5A||Get/Set device config (not save to Flash)|
|0x60||Get/Set LCD buffer|
|0x61||Start/Stop notify LCD buffer|
|0x71||Request Mtu Size Exchange|