Unlock Shopify App
This app for Shopify stores allows merchants to offer special memberships to their customers via Unlock Protocol.
Merchants can create Unlock Protocol locks in the Creator Dashboard.
Customers may then acquire keys for such locks, turning them into members, automatically unlocking the benefits to them (key ownership is proof of membership).
~/ $ shopify create project APP_NAME
Note: Shopify merchants may find it easier to use the free app from the Shopify App Store (coming soon).
- If you don’t have one, create a Shopify partner account.
- If you don’t have one, create a Development store where you can install and test your app.
- In the Shopify Partner dashboard, create a new app. You’ll need this app’s API credentials during the setup process.
- A Shopify merchant adds one Lock (or more, once supported) to their online store, and assigns a benefit to each.
- Customers can see the possible benefits associated with locks/memberships – for example 10% discount, or free shipping. An example code snippet can be copy-pasted into a template file of the Shopify theme.
- Customers with a fitting Key get their benefit applied. At the moment, the only supported benefits of the type discount code are supported.
This respository is available as open source under the terms of the MIT License.