A perl Dancer based prelaunch app. This application is inspired by the excellent Rails Prelaunch Signup project.
This application is fully functional out of the box with the following features.
- Landing page with an email subscription form
- An unconfirmed subscriber is created
- A page telling the user he received an email to confirm his email address
- The visitor receives a verification email with a link to verify his email address
- After clicking the confirmation link the user comes to a "Thank you" page confirming his subscription
- A confirmation email is sent with a link to unsubscribe
- List subscribers with status filter ("verfified","unverified")
- Delete subscribers
- Export subscribers
Here is a list of things used to create this application.
- Perl (Programming Language, http://www.perl.org/)
- Dancer (Webframework, http://www.perldancer.org/)
- Dancer::Plugin::FlashNote (displaying messages in the browser)
- Dancer::Plugin::reCAPTCHA (for Signup Captcha)
- Dancer::Plugin::I18N (for internationalisation)
- HTML::FormHandler (for user input validation)
- Mongoose (ORM for persistance)
- MongoDB (Database, http://www.mongodb.org/)
- Twitter Bootstrap (Layout and design, http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/)
- FontAwesome (Icon font, http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/)
Download the ZIP file or clone the repository. If you downloaded the ZIP file, unpack it. Change into the new directory. Now execute the following commands:
perl Makefile.PL make
This will install all required perl modules. Now open config.yml in your favorite editor and configure the admin user, mongodb and email settings. Save the file and execute:
If you open a browser and go to the following url: http://127.0.0.1:3000 you should see the signup form.
You can change the layout, add your own css styles and modify the app to your liking.
Daniel Kehoe (http://danielkehoe.com/) implemented the rails-prelaunch application and wrote the tutorial that this application is inspired by.
Patrick Fraley (http://www.fraley.de/) implemented the DancerPrelaunch application based on Daniel Kehoe's app.
Copyright © 2013 Patrick Fraley
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.