Functions to explore StratML files
This repository contains a zipped folder, "xml", that holds XML files marked up in StratML vocabulary. This folder also has a stylesheet file, 'stratml.xsl' that is called in one of the example routines. The instructions here are to be able to load up this folder in a native XML database (BaseX) and query with some XQuery routines
- install BaseX from http://basex.org [the full package]
- run the bin\basexgui.bat
- create a new database
- Database > New...
- select the xml folder
- Call the database "StratML-Files"
- Under the "Full Text" tab tick the "Full Text" checkbox
- In the code editor open the "StratML-Programmes\basicInformation.xq" file
- Ensure that the basicInformation.xqm module file is in the same StratML-Programmes folder
- run the code. Note that you can add/remove the XQuery comments "(: .... :)" to only run specific functions