Just Type is an offline, minimalist typing speed test application built with Tkinter.
It is loosely based the site 10fastfingers, using similar wordbanks for the 'easy' and 'advanced' tests.
- Visual feedback for words that have been typed and are currently being typed
- Live WPM (words per minute) or CPM (characters per minute) display
- 3 types of timed randomly-generated tests, including one using the NumPad
- Top 10 fastest times for each test, including their dates and your accuracy
- Resettable graphs showing WPM/CPM progress over time for each test
- Submit your own text for a customized test that ends when you're done typing it
Just Type utilizes matplotlib to create graphs, so make sure you have that installed. If on Windows-
python -m pip install -U pip setuptools python -m pip install matplotlib
More info can be found on the matplotlib installation site.
To launch Just Type, simply run
__main__.pyw and have fun!
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details