Join the Community!
There are quite a few ways to get involved with the PyCQA.
- You can contribute directly to projects in a variety of ways
- You can start discussions by opening issues on our meta repository
- You can chat with us on IRC on the Freenode server in the
##python-code-qualitychannel (See also ":ref:`using-irc`")
- You can join our mailing list (this list does not receive a large amount of messages so it should not cause an information overload if you join)
IRC is an old and durable protocol that allows people to chat in real time. There are many ways to begin using IRC but we recommend using Freenode's webchat as it is both secure (served over TLS) and should work in any browser. IRCHelp.org has a great tutorial to learn how to use IRC.
If you outgrow Freenode's webchat, there are a number of other options for connecting to IRC. Wikipedia has an overwhelmingly long list of IRC clients.
The following is a list of clients that the current members of the PyCQA use:
- Hexchat (Graphical, Also works on macOS and Linux)