Clone this wiki locally
Using ECLIPSE + PyDEV and Pyjamas
This document provides instructions to setup Pyjamas with ECLIPSE and PYDEV on a windows PC. However the principles can be employed to configure ECLIPSE to support Pyjamas code-completion etc on any platform
- Download and install python http://www.python.org/download/
- Install ECLIPSE IDE. It can be downloaded from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
- Install Pydev: http://pydev.org/manual_101_install.html
Once you have the ECLIPSE Python development environment setup and ready it’s time to install Pyjamas. Remember Pyjamas does not provide a plugin for ECLIPSE so we have to manually add Pyjamas to our ECLIPSE’s PYTHON PATH.
Caution: Do not try to add Pyjamas to your Systems. PYTHONPATH, as this might cause undesired results. Only add it to ECLIPSE PYTHONPATH. This way you can experiment with Pyjamas command-line tools, which is important if you are just begining to explore Pyjamas. This is also a recommended way of using the PYJS compiler by the Pyjamas team.
- First Download Pyjamas from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyjamas/
- Untar and unzip the folder and save at a suitable location on your drive. For ex: c:\pyjamas, or on Unix
- Now in you ECLIPSE IDE Menu click window->preferences
- Navigate to pydev->Interpreter-Python
- Press New Folder and add "c:\pyjamas-folder\library" and press ok, and ok once more
- Restart ECLIPSE and you’re done. Now try any import statement such as
and ECLIPSE will give you the access to all of the Pyjamas modules
- Optionally add the "c:\pyjamas-folder\Addons" folder to use modules contributed by developers
Enjoy Python, ECLIPSE and Pyjamas!