This document provides instructions to setup Pyjamas with ECLIPSE and PYDEV on a windows PC. However the principles can be employed to configure ECLIPSE to support Pyjamas code-completion etc on any platform
1. Download and install python http://www.python.org/download/
2. Install ECLIPSE IDE. It can be downloaded from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
3. Install Pydev: http://pydev.org/manual_101_install.html
Once you have the ECLIPSE Python development environment setup and ready it’s time to install Pyjamas. Remember Pyjamas does not provide a plugin for ECLIPSE so we have to manually add Pyjamas to our ECLIPSE’s PYTHON PATH.
Caution: Do not try to add Pyjamas to your Systems. PYTHONPATH, as this might cause undesired results. Only add it to ECLIPSE PYTHONPATH. This way you can experiment with Pyjamas command-line tools, which is important if you are just begining to explore Pyjamas. This is also a recommended way of using the PYJS compiler by the Pyjamas team.
1. First Download Pyjamas from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyjamas/
2. Untar and unzip the folder and save at a suitable location on your drive. For ex: c:\pyjamas, or on Unix
3. Now in you ECLIPSE IDE Menu click window->preferences
4. Navigate to pydev->Interpreter-Python
5. Press New Folder and add "c:\pyjamas-folder\library" and press ok, and ok once more
6. Restart ECLIPSE and you’re done. Now try any import statement such as
and ECLIPSE will give you the access to all of the Pyjamas modules
7. Optionally add the "c:\pyjamas-folder\Addons" folder to use modules contributed by developers
Enjoy Python, ECLIPSE and Pyjamas!