The 2.x branch of pymssql is built on the latest release of FreeTDS which removes many of the limitations found with older FreeTDS versions and the 1.x branch.
- Docs & Project Home
- PyPI Project
- FreeTDS User Guide
- Unicode friendly
- Python 3 friendly
- Works on most popular operating systems
- Written in Cython for performance
- Includes a supported and documented low-level module (
_mssql) that you can use instead of the DB-API
- Supports stored procedures with both return values and output parameters
- A comprehensive test suite
- Compatible with cooperative multi-tasking systems (gevent, etc.)
- Can be used to connect to Azure
pymssql is licensed under the terms of the GNU LGPL license.
Can you take a minute and fill out this survey to help us prioritize development tasks?
- Excel (.xls) -- http://cl.ly/1R0m2B342I0k/download/SurveySummary_04092014.xls
- PDF -- http://cl.ly/2P3o1N1K2h3p/download/Data_All_140409.pdf
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 intro pymssql_examples _mssql_examples release_notes freetds ref/pymssql ref/_mssql migrate_1_x_to_2_x faq building_and_developing freetds_and_dates azure docker changelog todo